While reliability and consistency are key with digital marketing, there might come a time that you want to shake things up a little. Maybe you feel that doing something different would reinvigorate your current campaign. Or, perhaps your business is headed in a new direction, and you want fresh content that attracts a new audience.
Sometimes, coming up with new and fresh material can seem like an arduous task. You might feel like you’re saying the same thing over and over again!
If you think that your message is getting “old”, keep these two things in mind:
- No matter how many times you’ve said it, there are still people who are either hearing it for the first time or who need to hear it multiple times in order to really grasp the concept of your message.
- You can present the same message in a variety of ways in order to keep it unique and appeal to a variety of audiences.
21 Different Content Methods for Marketing Your Business:
- Casual articles
- Technical/knowledge based articles
- SEO articles
- New web pages
- Social media posts
- News releases
- Case studies
- Reports and resources
- Landing pages
- Customer recommendations
- Explainer videos
That’s just 21 quick ideas to get you thinking in new directions! Now that you have an idea of how diverse content marketing really can be, remember to analyze your priorities and goals as you reinvent your strategy.
Content Marketing Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Start:
- What do I want to accomplish (generate new traffic, drive initial engagement, create brand awareness, educate on a new topic, etc)?
- What questions are my customers asking? What are their pain points?
- What background knowledge do my customers need, in order to appreciate my products or services?
- Where is my industry heading? What are the upcoming trends?
- What do others in the industry get wrong? How is my company different?
- What is special about my company? What are we doing differently to serve customers?
- What objections do customers often have? How can I respond positively?
- How do customers benefit from my products or services? What are their stories?
- What kind of positive feedback does my company receive?
- How does my company reduce risk for customers?
- What do new customers need to know?
- What are some common mistakes customers make, and how can I prevent those?
Asking the above questions can help you to refine your content goals and choose a form of media that best suits your purposes. You will find that your answers guide you toward one or more of the above content types, and that your marketing plan heads in exciting new directions.
As you continue the brainstorming process, we’re here to help with any questions you might have. Contact us, and we will explain the above content options and how each one can be integrated into your overall content marketing strategy.